How can I find a list of MEDLINE journals?
The NLM Catalog has journal subsets to retrieve journals cited in NCBI databases, PubMed titles and MEDLINE titles. Lists are also available in XML and other formats, as specified, below.
To retrieve a list of journals currently indexed in MEDLINE:
- Search the NLM Catalog for: currentlyindexed
Titles newly selected for MEDLINE indexing are announced on the Journals Recently Accepted by NLM for Inclusion in MEDLINE Web page.
To retrieve a list of all journals indexed over time for MEDLINE:
- Search the NLM Catalog for: reportedmedline
- See the List of Serials Indexed for Online Users (LSIOU), an annual free publication available online from the NLM Web site in XML format.
Users interested in detailed indexing information for MEDLINE journals may select the Full display format when viewing MEDLINE journal records to view this information.
NLM Serials data is also available from the NLM Data Distribution Program. Serfile, the subset of all serials in LocatorPlus or NLM Catalog, is available in either MARC 21 or XML format. Serfile has the most data elements available. Users of these data must arrange for their own Information Technology (IT) support to manipulate the data into a more human-readable format.
- NLM Portal
- About NLM & NIH
- Drugs & Medical Devices
- Getting NLM Materials
- General Questions about Getting Materials
- Copyright & Licensing
- General DOCLINE Questions
- Technical DOCLINE Questions
- DOCLINE Requests
- Serial Holdings
- DOCLINE and Loansome Doc
- Interlibrary Loan
- Loansome Doc Article Ordering Service
- Grants & Funding
- MedlinePlus Connect
- MedlinePlus en español
- Genetics Home Reference
- Health Services Research and Public Health
- Household Products Database
- History of Medicine
- Indexing & Cataloging
- General PubMed
- My NCBI
- Searching PubMed
- LinkOut for Libraries
- MEDLINE Content
- Training & Outreach
- Topic #: 28045-882
- Date Created: 12/01/2016
- Last Modified Since: 03/01/2018
- Viewed: 619