You can change institutions in most instances. A request for a change of institutions must be submitted to the designated Grants Management Staff and must be accompanied by a Relinquishing Statement (PHS 3734) and a Final Invention Statement (HHS 568) as well as an application from the proposed grantee. It is strongly recommended that you consult with your Program Officer if you are considering a change of institutions. For additional information, see Change of Grantee Organization.