For general information on drug screening and workplace drug screening tests, we suggest the following resources:
- American Association for Clinical Chemistry Lab Tests Online
- NLM MedlinePlus® Urine drug screen
- NLM MedlinePlus Toxicology screen
- American Association for Clinical Chemistry Lab Tests Online Drugs of Abuse Testing
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration Drug Testing
- Office of Drug & Alcohol Policy & Compliance Key Resources
- Drugs of Abuse Test FDA
NLM is not responsible for the availability or content of external sites, nor does NLM endorse, warrant, or guarantee products, services or information described or offered at other sites.
To find citations to published articles about false positives in drug testing, you can search PubMed®. Please note: PubMed does not contain whole articles, just citations and abstracts, with some links to full-text on publisher Web sites.
To search PubMed®, enter the following into the PubMed search box:
- Substance Abuse Detection [mh] AND False Positive Reactions[mh] AND English[la].
- Add "AND" followed by a specific drug name for more focused results.
- PubMed tutorials are available for more search suggestions.
We also encourage you to talk with your pharmacist or health provider about a false positive result of a specific medication, food, or drink in a drug screening test.