We cannot suggest a best doctor for a particular disease or condition. To find doctors who specialize in specific diseases or conditions and doctor qualifications, we suggest you use Web sites and local resources.
- MedlinePlus® for directories of doctors, dentists, hospitals, and other healthcare professionals and facilities
- MedlinePlus for Choosing a Doctor or Health Care Service
- AMA DoctorFinder for basic professional information on licensed physicians in the U.S.
- Is Your Doctor Board Certified? for professional and biographical information from the Official ABMS Directory of Board Certified Medical Specialists (ABMS)
- Directory of State Medical and Osteopathic Boards for individual state boards
- Medicare.gov Physician Compare for information about Medicare-enrolled physicians and healthcare professionals
- County or state medical societies for names of doctors and their specialties
- Your doctor for a recommendation to a specialist
- Your insurance provider for a list of approved providers
- Hospitals for names of affiliated doctors
- Directories at your public library for more resources
Contact an Author of a Relevant Journal Article
Search the NLM MEDLINE®/PubMed® database for current medical journal articles to find authors who specialize in specific conditions or treatments (keeping in mind that many highly qualified specialists are not publishing). For more information about searching for authors, go to PubMed Help.