We cannot suggest a best doctor for a particular disease or condition. To find doctors who specialize in specific diseases or conditions and doctor qualifications, we suggest you use Web sites and local resources.

Web Sites

Local Resources

  • County or state medical societies for names of doctors and their specialties
  • Your doctor for a recommendation to a specialist
  • Your insurance provider for a list of approved providers
  • Hospitals for names of affiliated doctors
  • Directories at your public library for more resources

Contact an Author of a Relevant Journal Article

Search the NLM MEDLINE®/PubMed® database for current medical journal articles to find authors who specialize in specific conditions or treatments (keeping in mind that many highly qualified specialists are not publishing). For more information about searching for authors, go to PubMed Help.