Information about natural products, dietary supplements, medicinal plants, or other complementary or alternative medicines is available from information sources listed below.
Before starting any supplement, ask your doctor or pharmacist for information. Natural products and dietary supplements may interact with medicine you take.
- NIH Resources
- MedlinePlus® Complementary and Integrative Medicine and pages listed in Related Topics box
- NIH Office of Dietary Supplements Dietary Supplement Label Database (DSLD)
- NIH Office of Dietary Supplements homepage
- NIH National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health
- NIH/NCI Office of Cancer and Complementary Medicine
- NCI Cancer.gov Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- ClinicalTrials.gov Complementary OR Alternative OR Integrative trials
- Other Government & Non-Governmental Agencies
- Nutrition.gov Dietary Supplements and Safety and Health Claims
- FDA Dietary Supplements page
- FDA Complementary and Alternative Medicine Products and their Regulation by the Food and Drug Administration: Guidance for Industry - Complementary and Alternative Medicine Products and their Regulation by the Food and Drug Administration
- USP Herbal Medicines Compendium
- Non-governmental, Fee-based Databases