When there is no staff available to fill lend requests due to vacations or similar outages, libraries can set themselves "Out of Office" in DOCLINE, which makes them "Temporarily Inactive" for lending, and prevents requests from routing to them to be filled for others.
For future outages:
- In the main menu, click Libraries
- Select Manage library
- Scroll down to Library Schedule
- Click + (plus sign) to expand Library Schedule section
- Click Edit
- Click cursor in Start Date to display calendar widget or to type dates (MM-DD-YYYY).
- Input start and end dates for time periods when requests should not route to your library. The library will be deactivated immediately if the start date is today*
- Click Update Library to save changes
*If you have input out of office dates for future outages, at the end of the last active day, please receipt any new requests and update all pending requests as 'Not Filled' so they will immediately route on to the next potential lender, or re-set your start date to the current date.
- For additional blank Out of Office date ranges, complete displayed date ranges and click Update Library, then -click Edit again. Additional ranges will display.
- Out of Office date ranges in the past should be manually deleted.