Permission denied indicates a mismatch between the Username you have signed in with, and the Username that DOCLINE was expecting.
Federal libraries using a PIV or CAC card to log in should:
- Close your browser completely
- Re-launch your browser
- Log in again, choosing a different certificate ('email' or 'signature' certificate, if known)
Non-federal libraries and federal libraries using Google login should:
- Find the email address listed as "CAS Username" in the Permission Denied message box.
- Go to https://accounts.google.com, then log out of that email account. Ideally, delete the account if you no longer need that gmail address.
- Return to https://newdocline.docline.gov and log back in using the email address you originally connected to DOCLINE 6.
If you still see the "Permission Denied" screen with the same email (CAS Username) despite taking these actions, you have three options:
Go to https://newdocline.docline.gov and click "apply now" to connect that email address to DOCLINE 6.
Switch browsers and try logging in with the connected email address.